What happens when you combine the world’s fastest clincher wheels with unbelievable wet and dry braking? What if you add a murdered-out all-black appearance that would make Batman jealous? In a few words:
Jet Black – the carbon clincher killer
Starting from our revolutionary 25mm-wide Jet Plus aluminum rim, we spent hundreds of hours testing and refining a new braking surface, called Turbine Braking Technology. With special machining and anodizing, the result a super clean all-black appearance and outstanding brake performance. How great is it? How about 25% shorter stopping distances in dry conditions, or 70% shorter stopping distances in wet conditions. Additionally, the consistency of stopping distances has improved by nearly a factor of five. That’s not a typo. Our all-black alloy rim and carbon cap give you all of the cool factor, and none of the safety compromises of carbon clinchers. No melted rims. No tire and tube failures. Only True Speed.
When aerodynamics are critical (when are they not?) and everything is on the line, champions choose the Jet 9 Black. With a massive 90mm x 25mm rim section and proprietary shape, nothing else comes close. Whether you’re ripping up the local TT course or going for your next triathlon PR, the Jet 9 is the advantage you’ve been waiting for.
- IM TYPECLINCHER
- RIM DEPTH90mm
- RIM WIDTH25mm
- INTERNAL RIM WIDTH21mm
- BRAKING SURFACEDirectional turbine machined alloy
- RECOMMENDED BRAKE PADStandard alloy pad
- HUB MODELHed Sonic black
- HUB COMPATIBILITYShimano/Campy 9, 10, 11
- BUILD AND SPOKES18/24 std or 20/28 Stallion
- SPOKE TYPEBladed steel
- POWERTAP OPTIONYES
- TRACK OPTIONNo
- WHEEL SIZE700c
- WHEEL SET WEIGHT1,795g
- INCLUDESTitanium Skewers,Valve Extenders,Rim Tape
- RECOMMENDED TIRE SIZE22mm+
1. For all types of bicycle wheels, a hard strike on the rim is likely to result in rim damage. At the point of impact, an aluminum rim will dent, and a carbon rim may delaminate. With any such damage to a Hed wheel, our lifetime crash replacement policy enables the original owner to repair or replace the wheel at substantial savings.
2. Tire pressure = 100psi MAX
3. We do NOT recommend hanging a bike equipped with Jet wheels from hooks – this can damage the carbon skin and will not be covered under warranty.
4. You MUST use brand new brake pads when switching to Ardennes and Jet Black wheels. Old pads may contain metal flakes that can damage the rim finish.