This week has really, and by that I mean REALLY flown by. I am in a great creative head space and my energy is being channeled this week in the direction of work and I haven’t had a chance to channel it into writing as such.
There are times when it’s really best to leave it to the professionals, this wisdom thing. I will never be the smartest person on the planet, so its my duty to share the little I may have come to know, and then point you in the direction of people far smarter than me. So here goes…
I know that:
1. Red M&M’s are better than the yellow ones. Thanks Gringo.
2. They key to a long term sale is trust, and conversation, not sales.
3. People look better at 3:55am when the lights are off, than at 4:01am, when the lights are on.
4. You can build a base to go sub 10 hours as a guy, and sub 11 hours as a girl, at an Ironman, in 3 years.
5. White leather loafers are never cool. Even if you live in Belville.
6. Running in the forest with Faithless – All New Arrivals blasting in my ears can be counted as totally euphoric.
7. Big fears are given to us by us. Small fears are given to us by our mothers.
8. In swimming, you can sustain a certain pace, based on technique practise, but when you go over that pace, you might as well give up as energy expenditure double for no extra speed.
9. Brusselsprouts will never be in any menu in my house.
10. It’s possible to love someone more than what you can actually deal with.
11. I can go into a zone where time stands still when I am DJ’ing.
12. I felt the same zone last year at Ironman South Africa during the run.
13. Perceived value is king in the wine industry.
14. You can taste many flavours at once, especially when at Wang Thai.
15. Right now I am wasting your time
So, in lieu of Nommer 15, lets shoot directly to some inspirational videos. One on life, then we have the best sprint finish in triathlon ever, and one because its just awesome. I promise to channel some creativity and some real information to you next week i.e. I will work on it over the weekend and pre-post everything. Its going to be awesome.
awesome, right? now check this…
that’s only the most feared climb in the world…and look how the best in the world tackle it. Lance looks Ulrich in the eye with the biggest “I dare you” ever… and then rides away!
Now have yourself a great weekend.