People always remark how busy I am. After I watched this today it made me wonder if I am one of those people who are addicted to being busy.
What keeps me busy?
1. Work – current and future projects.
2. Coaching athletes – its far more time consuming than you think.
3. Urban Ninja – this site is time consuming.
4. Relationships – nuff said. relationships, with humans, requires time.
What have I done to cut down on commitments to time and energy?
1. Kept my projects down to a bare minimum. I used to have 6 ideas I was working on. I currently have 2.
2. Reduce social media time. Are you addicted to Facebook? Do you wake up and look at twitter (to see what other people are doing) before tending to the amazing person lying next to you?
3. Reduce mental junk by planning properly.
Am I addicted to being busy?
Not at all. In fact, I am working hard so that I can be permanently unbusy once I have children so that I can be a full time dad. That’s the most honorable job I can think of doing, so that’s what gets me up in the morning.
Can you sit, and be quiet? I know many people who cant sit in a restaurant waiting for 10minutes for someone to arrive without tweeting, facebooking, checking email, sending 3 sms’s and calling someone. Unless all these things don’t relate to your BIG THING, big picture and hugest ever goal achievement, maybe you should be sitting for 10 minutes and just be totally amazed at how the world doesn’t fall apart around you every day. Watch the people and realise they each have their own world going on around them, and if they are addicted to being busy, watch them and see how it destroys their inner peace, their reason for being a beautiful human being and blurs their reality.
So, are you addicted?